Caribbean Coleslaw with Trident Alaskan Pollock Burgers
This spicy Caribbean Cole Slaw balances out the fiery heat of habanero with sweet mangos and pineapple, as well as a creamy jerk seasoned dressing. It is the perfect topping for Trident Alaskan Pollock Burgers!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 Whole Wheat Buns
- 4 Trident Alaskan Pollock Burgers
- 1 cup Caribbean Coleslaw, recipe below
- 4 cups shredded cabbage, firmly packed
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons heinz cider vinegar
- 2-4 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 small habanero pepper, minced (Jalapeno can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- Salt to taste
Prepare coleslaw by adding all ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine.
Taste for salt and adjust as needed.
Lightly toast buns, and cook pollock burgers according to package instructions.
Place burger on bottom bun and top with 2-4 tbsp of slaw, add top bun and serve.
Some Jamaican Jerk seasoning will contain salt, some will not. Add salt to the coleslaw as needed.
I considered including a jerk seasoning recipe for this post, but for only 1 tbsp it wouldn't be time or cost effective to make due to the large number of seasonings that would need to be incorporated.
If you don't wish to shred cabbage and carrots you can purchase these pre-shredded in a coleslaw mix.