Slow Cooker Cuban Shredded Beef (Ropa Vieja)
Slow Cooker Cuban Shredded Beef, also known as Ropa Vieja, is a simple savory recipe when you are looking for a flavorful dinner to simmer all day long while you worry about more important things.
Servings: 10 servings
Ropa Vieja - Cuban Shredded Beef
- 2-2 ½ lbs beef chuck roast
- 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- cilantro white rice, cuban-style black beans, and tortillas (optional)
Add all ingredients for the Cuban Shredded Beef into a slow cooker and cook on high for six hours, or until beef is tender and falling apart.
Serve on top of white rice, black beans and sprinkled with cilantro. Tortillas are optional.