The Diablo sandwich is a spicy sloppy Joe inspired by the classic movie Smokey and the Bandit.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers small diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 hamburger buns for serving
Set a saute pan over medium heat and add beef, onion, and peppers. Break the meat apart into small chunks and cook until the hamburger is browned and the onions are tender.
Add the garlic cloves and continue cooking another two minutes, until the garlic is fragrant.
Add all remaining ingredients into the pan and simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
Serve sloppy joe mixture in equal portions on hamburger buns.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1109mg | Potassium: 520mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 351IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 3mg