Let's take a look at what makes the best Italian subs and how you can craft your own mouthwatering Italian submarine sandwich right in your own kitchen.
- 12 inch fresh Italian Bread
- 2 slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 slices Genoa Salami
- 4 Slices Pepperoni
- 4 slices Deli Ham
- ¼ cup Thinly Sliced Onion
- 1 Vine Ripened Tomato (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sliced Pepperoncini
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 dash Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
Add all meat, cheese, and produce to the inside of the Italian bread.
Drizzle the fillings with olive oil, vinegar, and seasonings.
All ingredient quantities should be customized to fit your tastes and will vary depending on the size of your bread loaf.
IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE check out my Classic Cuban Sandwich recipe too!
Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1447mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 760IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 218mg | Iron: 1.4mg