Award Winning Chili with Beans
This award-winning chili recipe with beans has won multiple chili cookoffs and will win over even the toughest critics at your dinner table.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium red onions (chopped)
- 2 poblano peppers (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 30 ounces canned chili beans
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 6 ounces canned tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef Stock (unsalted)
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream for serving
Place ground beef and onions in a large Dutch oven and brown over medium heat.
Halfway through browning add peppers. Then add your chili seasoning and minced garlic when the mixture is almost done browning. Continue cooking for a few more minutes until the garlic and seasonings are fragrant.
Add all remaining ingredients to the pot of chili and stir to combine. Simmer for approximately 3 hours over low heat, or until the chili reaches your desired thickness.
Serve with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Make sure you have hot sauce on hand to spice it up as desired.
Calories: 502kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 2936mg | Potassium: 1692mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1256IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 8mg