Homemade Sloppy Joes - Better than Manwich
Homemade Sloppy Joes are not only easy to throw together, the rich zesty flavor is better than Manwich!
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 green pepper (small diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 8 hamburger buns for serving
Add ground beef and onions to a skillet and cook until beef is browned.
Add all remaining ingredients (except for buns) and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until beef is crumbly and liquid has formed a thick sauce.
Serve on hamburger buns.
Note: The longer the mixture cooks, the thicker it will get. You want the sloppy joes to be thick enough to stand up on a wooden spoon so they don't ooze out of the hamburger bun.
IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE you will love these Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes! It is a family favorite!