This recipe is sponsored by McCain Potatoes, all content and opinions are my own.
Loaded baked potato dip is a phenomenal party appetizer brimming with smoky bacon, shredded cheese, green onions, and sour cream.
Welcome to the roaring twenties my friends! We have a fresh decade ready to be filled with celebrations with friends and families, and, of course, no celebration is complete without a tantalizing spread of appetizers. Leave the same ol’ boring chips and crackers in the past, we are going to shake up your dips with something new!
McCain Dip’N Wedges
Everyone loves steak fries, right? Well, why not transform them into the perfect appetizer dipping companion? I baked up some Dip’n Wedges for my family to serve with as an appetizer with dips. Who ever said potato wedges HAVE to be a side dish?
The unique v-shape makes it perfect for dipping or loading up with toppings and it is a fun alternative to the same ol’ chips and crackers we have dipped a million times. You can really get creative with these, and I’ll give you a few suggestions below.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
A decadent twice baked potato is one of my favorite side dishes of all time. So when I discovered these Dip’n Wedges my first instinct was to use them to reinvent the loaded baked potato. This chunky dip with brimming with your favorite baked potato toppings like smoky bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, and sour cream. When paired with Dip’n Wedges you have a fun new twist on the classic twice baked potato.
How to Make Baked Potato Dip
My baked potato dip recipe is exceedingly simple to prepare. The bacon needs to be cooked and crumbled, then everything gets combined in a dish. I recommend mixing together the softened cream cheese and sour cream first though, it is easier to ensure all of the lumps are gone.
This is a hearty and chunky dip, if you want it to be a little lighter in texture you can add additional sour cream. Feel free to jazz it up with a 1/2 ounce of dry ranch seasoning as well if desired.
Dips for Potato Wedges
McCain Dip’n Potato Wedges are well suited for a variety of dips. Your next party could feature a Dip’n Potato Wedges buffet stocked with an exciting variety of dips for your party guests to pair with the wedges. Any of these dips would be a perfect pairing:
- Nacho Cheese Dip – Making it homemade is easier than you think!
- Pickle Wrap Dip – The classic pickle wrap transformed into a dip.
- French Onion Dip – Making this from scratch is so much better than store-bought!
- Beer Cheese Dip – A Wisconsin classic.
- Hot Reuben Dip – Your favorite Reuben flavors in a hot and bubbly dip.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- 8 ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounce container sour cream
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- fresh ground black pepper
- McCain Dip'n Wedges for serving
- Combine softened cream cheese and sour cream in a dish. Whisk until well blended.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Can you do me a favor? If you enjoyed my post would you mind sharing it with your friends? You can see more of my recipes by liking me on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest too. Otherwise, stay up to date by getting each new post sent directly to your inbox by subscribing today.